Protecting Your Privacy
At Headwaters Health Care Centre, we are committed to protecting all the personal information you share with us. Any confidential information we collect, use or disclose in providing health care services is handled according to best privacy practices and complies with all required privacy legislation.
Each time you visit the hospital, we collect information about you. The personal health information that we collect may include, for example, your name, date of birth, address, health card number, health history, results of tests, records of your visits to Headwaters Health Care Centre and the care that you received during those visits.
Your information may be shared outside of Headwaters Health Care Centre only for the purposes of care.
How We Use or Disclose Your Health Information
Headwaters Health Care Centre is a member of shared health information systems. These shared systems permit health care providers with the ability to securely access and use electronic patient health information. This access ensures the delivery of more timely, and patient-centered care. The information below highlights the systems that we are currently a member of:
- Child Health Network (eCHN): visit http://www.echn.ca/
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus Program (RSVP DMS): visit http://www.mountsinai.on.ca/care/nicu/rsvp-dms-description/view
- Diagnostic Image Repository Services (DiR): visit http://www.ehealthontario.on.ca/en/initiatives/view/diagnostic-imaging-program
- Ontario Laboratories Information System (OLIS): visit http://www.ehealthontario.on.ca/en/initiatives/view/olis
- Integrated Assessment Record (IAR): visit https://iar.williamoslerhs.ca/concerto/Login.htm
- Connecting GTA (cGTA): visit http://www.ehealthontario.on.ca/en/initiatives/view/connectingOntario
- (REACH): visit https://www.reachportal.ca/clinical/
You may access and correct your personal health records, or withdraw your consent for some of the above uses and disclosures by contacting us (subject to legal exceptions).
To access your health record, contact the health records department at (519) 941-2702 ext. 2256. Our office hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Within 30 days of the request, you will be given access to your record.
To withdraw your consent for some of the above uses and disclosures, please request and fill out a “withdrawal of consent” form. If you do not want your presence at the hospital known, please inform the staff.
How to Contact Us
For more information about our privacy protection practices, or to raise a concern you have about how we keep your information private, contact us at:
Phone: (519) 941-2702 ext. 2578
Headwaters Health Care Centre
100 Rolling Hills Drive
Fax: (519) 942-0483